Scholarships for Nigerian Students: University of Sussex (UK) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
The University of Sussex is world famous for its high standard of teaching and research. With more than 13 000 students, around 4000 of which come from outside of the United Kingdom (as well as from more than 130 countries around the world).
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Sussex are offering scholarship awards to Nigerian students who have been accepted to commence their Masters degree in September 2018.
Scholarships will be awarded to the value of £3,500 (approximately 1,300,000 Nigerian Naira) to be used towards tuition fees. Nigerian students who have (or are expecting to receive) a First Class degree that is equal to a British Bachelors Honours degree will be eligible to receive an award to the value of £5,000 (approximately 1,900,000 Nigerian Naira).
Scholarship students may be required to take part in support or promotional duties occasionally for the University.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Masters (Postgraduate taught)
All full-time Masters degrees excluding:
- Common Professional Examination (CPE)/ Law Graduate Diploma
- Economics Graduate Diploma
- LLB Graduate Entry
- LLM in Corruption, Law and Governance
- MA degrees in IDS (except for MA Gender)
- PGCE courses & schools direct teaching courses
- Postgraduate diplomas
- Pre-Masters diplomas & degrees (taught at partner colleges, validated by Sussex)
- Social Work Masters degrees
- Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Nigerian national
- Self-funding students (tuition fees NOT covered by an external funding body)
- Received and accepted an offer of a place to study at the University of Sussex towards a full-time taught Masters qualification, starting in September 2018
- Meet the conditions stipulated in your offer (if you have received a conditional offer of a place at the University)
- Satisfied the academic entry requirements for your selected course
- NOT currently receiving any other funding or scholarships funded by Sussex
- Provide a copy of your First Class degree from a recognised Nigerian institution (if you wish to apply for the enhanced award)
HOW TO APPLY
Before you apply for the scholarship award, you must apply for admission to the University to study towards an eligible Masters course – apply via the postgraduate application portal: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/applying/2016entry
Once you receive your offer of a place from the University and are certain that you meet the scholarship eligibility criteria, you should register your interest in the scholarship via PG Apply. Once you receive your offer, you will be informed via email when the declaration is available – the declaration must be submitted by 1 August 2018.
You will received scholarship information in your CAS for your visa, therefore it is advised to register your interest in the scholarship prior to receiving your CAS from the Admissions Office. In the event that the scholarship information is not within your CAS or you wish to register for the scholarship after your CAS has been created, you can email the Admissions Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about studying at Sussex as a Nigerian student: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/international-students/information-by-country/nigeria
1 August 2018.
For any queries, please contact:
University of Sussex