International Scholarship for Nigerians: Goldsmiths, University of London (UK) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Goldsmiths was established in 1891 (as “Goldsmiths’ Technical and Recreative Institute”) and since 1904, have been part of the University of London.
Goldsmiths, University of London have a large portion of international students (approximately 20% from outside of the UK).
The University has 20 departments, but specialise the following areas: in Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts and Design. The other departments include:
- English Language
- English and Comparative Literature
- Politics and International Relations
- Cultural Studies
- Educational Studies
- Management Studies
- Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship
- Media and Communications
- Visual Cultures
- Social, Therapeutic and Community Studies
- Dance and Performance
- Theatre and Performance
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The International Scholarship award by Goldsmiths is for students commencing their first year of study – students will receive a fee waiver of £2,500 (approximately 960,000 Nigerian Naira).
As part of the scholarship programme, students will be requested to support the Goldsmiths Student Marketing team and the International office with various promotional activities.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Undergraduate/ Postgraduate/ Graduate Diploma/ International Foundation Certificate
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- International student (for tuition fee purposes)
- Self-funding your studies
- Received and accepted an offer from Goldsmiths (conditional/ unconditional) to study towards a full-time course at the University commencing in September 2018
- Will be studying in one of the above levels of study
- Have NOT started your course studies yet
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online via the Goldsmiths, University of London website: https://app.geckoform.com/public/#/modern/FO4qlZVqMVXjbAm1 (copy and paste the link into your browser).
You will be required to submit the following information in your online application
- Full Name
- Whether you have received an offer letter from Goldsmiths
- Your student ID number (per your offer letter)
- Your course title (per your offer letter)
- Email address
- Place of Permanent Residence (town/ city)
- Your Supporting Statement (max 250 words), must include the following:
- Why you should receive the scholarship award (showing academic merit and outstanding achievement in a certain area)
- The positive contributions you will provide to the course and institution
- The outcome of the award will be announced between 3 to 7 July 2018.
- Candidates will be selected based on: academic qualifications, area of study and their supporting statement.
- Find out everything you need to know about being an International student at Goldsmiths: http://www.gold.ac.uk/international/
- Find out more about being a Nigerian student at Goldsmiths: http://www.gold.ac.uk/international/regions/nigeria/
- Read the FAQ’s before submitting your application or submitting any queries to the University: http://www.gold.ac.uk/international/fees-funding/international-scholarships/international-scholarship-2018/
18 June 2018
For any queries, please contact:
Goldsmiths, University of London