International Global Health Scholarship for Nigerians: BSMS (UK) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) was formed when the University of Brighton and the University of Sussex came together to form an equal partnership. The main aim of the medical school is to practice the principles of ‘Tomorrow’s Doctors’.
The postgraduate taught courses at BSMS includes:
- Global Health
- Public Health
- Paediatrics and Child Health
- Healthcare Leadership and Commissioning
- Clinical Education
- Medical Education
- Global Pharmacy
- Medical Research
- Dementia Studies
- Physician Associate Studies
- Clinical Radiology
- Diabetes in Primary Care
- Simulation in Clinical Practice
- Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Global Health Scholarship by Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) will be awarding 3 scholarships – 1 scholarship valued at £5,000 (approximately 1,900,000 Nigerian Naira) and 2 scholarships valued at £2,500 (approximately 950,000 Nigerian Naira) to be used towards tuition fees.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- International (non-UK/ non-EU) students, as well as UK and EU students
- Have been accepted to study at the Wellcome Trust Centre (within the Global Health Research sector) towards a full-time Masters degree qualification in Global Health
- Proven academic excellence
- Proven professional merit
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY
Before you apply for the scholarship award, you will need to apply to study towards a MSc in Global Health qualification. You will receive an application number when applying for admission, the application number will be used in the application form.
Once you have completed your admission application, you can download the Application Form for Global Health Scholarship – BSMS (.doc)
Send your complete application form via email to Mei Trueba at: email@example.com (with the words “BSMS Global Health Scholarship” in the email subject line).
*Please note – your application form must be completed in the word document and then saved and sent as a .pdf document.
- Learn more about BSMS Global Health: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/postgraduate/Taught-Degrees/Global-Health.aspx
- Find out more about being an International student studying at BSMS: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/postgraduate/international-students/index.aspx
- Find out more about the Wellcome Trust Centre: https://wellcome.ac.uk/news/wellcome-trust-centres-global-health-research
- Successful scholarship applicants will be informed of the outcome before 30 June 2018.
16 June 2018.
For any queries, please contact:
Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS)
Tel: +44 0 1273 606755
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com