International Academic Merit Scholarship: East Tennessee State University (USA) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY/ UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
East Tennessee State University (also known as “ETSU”) is situated in Johnson City in the state of Tennessee, USA. East Tennessee State Normal School (ETSC) was founded in 1911, but it wasn’t until 1963 that the school achieved university status and became known as “East Tennessee State University”.
ETSU has 11 colleges and schools, and more than 14,500 (undergraduate, graduate and professional) students.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The ETSU International Academic Merit Scholarship will cover half the cost of tuition and maintenance fees – students must pay the remainder of their fees (such as accommodation, course fees, program fees, medical insurance and any other living costs).
Scholarship are awarded in the following way:
- Undergraduate recipients: 8 semesters
- Master’s degree seeking recipients: 5 semesters/ length of the program
- Doctoral students: 8 semesters/ length of the program
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Undergraduate and Graduate
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Applied for admission to study at East Tennessee State University (scholarship applications must then be submitted before you become admitted to ETSU) (it is recommended that you apply for admission and the scholarship simultaneously)
- Admitted as a full-time degree student at ETSU
- Proven academic excellence
- In possession of (or plan on applying for) a F-1 student visa OR J-1 student visa (more info on the F-1 visas: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html and info on J-1 visas: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/exchange.html)
- NOT currently studying an ETSU bachelor’s degree
- NOT applying to student a M.D. or Pharm. D. program
- NOT currently receiving another ETSU tuition scholarships
- NOT a graduate student currently receiving another tuition scholarship or graduate assistantship
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply, you must complete the online scholarship application form at: https://www.etsu.edu/honors/international/internationalstudentscholarships/application.php
NB: You must have an E-Number to start the application.
You will be required to fill in the following information on your application:
- Personal details: (full name, gender, date of birth, citizenship)
- Contact details: (physical home address, correspondence address, telephone number, email address)
- Enrollment details: (date you plan on enrolling at ETSU, undergraduate/ graduate studies, e-number, area of study)
- Financial details: (financial support for the first 2 years of study at ETSU)
- Find out about the estimated expenses and fees for your first year of study: www.etsu.edu/international
- Find out about the undergraduate and graduate admissions for ETSU international students: http://admissions.etsu.edu/apply/international/
- To continue receiving the scholarship award, undergraduate students must maintain a minimum point average of 2.75
- To continue receiving the scholarship award, graduate students must maintain a GPA of 3.0
Fall semester: 15 July annually.
Spring semester: 15 October annually.
For any queries, please contact:
East Tennessee State University