Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship for International Students: University of Sussex (UK) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
The University of Sussex is located in Falmer, Sussex, United Kingdom. The public research university have a range of facilities, academic buildings and student accommodation on their campus.
The University of Sussex have 3 major departments for Master’s degrees:
- Arts and Humanities department (which includes the following schools: English; Language Studies; History, Art History and Philosophy; Media, Film and Music)
- Sciences department (which includes the following schools: Medical School; Climate Change; Engineering and Informatics; Life Sciences; Mathematical and Physical Sciences; Psychology)
- Social Sciences department (which includes the following schools: Business, Management and Economics; Education and Social Work; Global Studies; Development Studies; Law, Politics and Sociology)
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The University of Sussex will be awarding the Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship to 100 students (including International, UK and EU students), each to the value of £5,000. Students with exceptional academic capabilities, who have been accepted to study at the University towards a full-time eligible Master’s degree may apply.
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Master’s (Postgraduate taught)
All full-time Masters degree courses (taught only), excluding:
- LLM in Corruption, Law and Governance
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if acquiring a bursary)
- Masters degrees at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (except for: the joint PG Diploma in Physician Associate Studies, joint Masters degrees)
- MA degrees in IDS (except for MA Gender and Development)
- Postgraduate diplomas (incl: Law and Economics, Common Professional Examination (CPE))
- PGCE courses & schools direct teaching courses
- Masters students receiving funding from research councils
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- International/ UK/ EU student
- Completed (or expect to complete) an upper-class undergraduate honours degree from a higher education institution in the UK, OR completed (or expect to complete) an undergraduate degree from a university in the European Union
- Satisfy the University entry requirements
- Applied for admission to study towards an eligible Masters course at the University
- Received and accepted an offer from the University to study towards your full-time Masters course (by the application closing date)
- NOT currently studying at the University of Sussex
HOW TO APPLY
Before you can apply for the Scholarship award, you must apply to study within an eligible full-time Masters degree at the University – this can be done via the postgraduate application portal: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/applying
Ensure that you apply well before the scholarship closing date so that you can receive your place of an offer to study at the University by 1 August. at the latest.
Once you have received and accepted an offer from the University of Sussex, you can complete the Scholarship application form online at: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/money/cms
Please note: students who are currently studying towards a degree, you do not have to wait to receive your final classification before applying. Your application will then be considered based on your current academic performance, and the scholarship award can then be made conditional based on you completing your degree classification.
- Scholarship awards will be granted based on current and prior academic performance, as well as expected future potential.
- Students will be awarded scholarships 3 rounds throughout the year – in April, June and August.
- Successful scholarship applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application at the end of each round.
- Students who satisfy the eligibility criteria but are unsuccessful in being awarded a scholarship, will be automatically re-considered for the next round.
- Read the Scholarship Frequently Asked Questions before applying: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/masters/fees-and-scholarships/scholarships/view/711
- Learn which Master’s courses are offered by the University: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/masters/2018
1 August 2018.
For any queries, please contact:
University of Sussex
Tel: +44 0 1273 606 755