Alexander McTaggart International Honours Scholarship: Australian National University (Australia) 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY/ SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
The Australian National University (abbreviated as “ANU”) is a research-focused university, who specialise in discovery and public policy.
AMU has 7 academic colleges, which include the College of:
- Medicine, Biology & Environment
- Engineering & Computer Science
- Physical & Mathematical Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Asia & the Pacific
- Arts & Social Sciences
The John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR) is part of 1 of the 7 Colleges – the College of Medicine, Biology & Environment.
JCSMR focus on medical research in various fields such as: infectious diseases, mental health, metabolic disorders, genomics, obesity, immunology and neuroscience.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Alexander McTaggart International Honours Scholarship will be awarded for a maximum period of 2 consecutive academic semesters – starting in the semester in which the Honours programme started, per the offer letter.
The scholarship value will be awarded to a minimum of $6,000 Australian Dollars per annum (approximately 1,375,000 Nigerian Naira), as well as a relocation allowance of up to $4,000 Australian Dollars (approximately 917,000 Nigerian Naira).
FIELDS OF STUDY COVERED
Medical Science – relating to cancer research
Please ensure that you meet these minimum entry criteria before applying:
- International student (non-Australian)
- Honours (4th year student) engaging in a project at the John Curtin School of Medical Research, relating to cancer research and related fields
- Applied for admission and have been accepted to study at the Australian National University
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who are eligible to apply for the scholarship, must download the Alexander McTaggart Scholarship Application Form (.pdf)
Completed application forms must be submitted ine either of the following ways:
Post/ Mail: HDR Administration Officer, John Curtin School of Medical Research, The Australian National University, 131 Garran Road, Acton, ACT 2601
- Download, read and make sure that you agree to all the Alexander McTaggart Scholarship T&C’s (.pdf)
- Apply for admission to study at the Australian National University: http://www.anu.edu.au/study/apply
- The scholarship is being awarded by the College of Medicine, Biology & Environment at the Australian National University – learn more about being an International student within this College: http://science.anu.edu.au/study/international-students
- Learn more about The John Curtin School of Medical Research within the College of Medicine, Biology & Environment: http://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/
15 June annually (for studies starting in semester 2) and
30 November annually (for studies starting in semester 1 in the following year)
For any queries, please contact:
The Australian National University
Tel: +61 02 6125 8506